Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The holiday season.....I just love these words! Cold weather, a deep layer of snow making everything glisten. I've been in the kitchen making gifts for friends and family which got me to thinking about all that munching I've been doing. I used to be so careful about what I ate, really being conscience about the calories and when I needed to watch it for awhile. In the last few years, I have really lost any concerns I had about staying a size 10. I felt it was ok, after all my bikini days are long gone! But more recently I realized what was really happening was that I had lost my willpower to say no to all the highly fattening foods that we all love. Which really got me thinking: just where had all the willpower gone that I use to be so proud of? Actually, it's still here, but I ignore it most of the time. But, now with the holidays here, lots of rich food, parties and all the calories that come with them, I have decided that I had better start paying attention to that little nagging voice that I keep hearing......"what are you doing?" My health is important to me, I'm the one in charge of it, so I had better jump-start my willpower again. If you've been thinking along these same lines, you may want to read an article I just wrote titled "Find your Lost Willpower". Here's the link:http://www.ehow.com/how_4668066_lost-willpower.html

No comments: