Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tip of the Day


I love quick and easy fixes for everyday little problems that involve my accessories. Case in point: A bunch of lavender I had dried and wanted to put into a small pottery vase. Even though the opening of the vase was small, the bunch of lavender still would get all crooked. To solve this I took a few strands of raffia and folded them twice over and tucked them into the opening of the vase. This solves two problems: the raffia holds the stems upright while adding a base to the flowers. This would work for almost any situation except in a formal display.

1 comment:

Ching Ya said...

Hi,I found your site in Twitter & don't I glad I'm here. I was just having a troubling day, thinking of how should I redecorate my place in a creative/economic way. It's a headache, really. I don't believe in fancy, expensive deco; instead, I rather go with the comfortable, simple, neat.. sometimes a slight touch could make it all looked different.