Thursday, January 1, 2009

Start your Garden Plan now......


A new year calls for a new plan for your yard or garden. If you've been thinking about doing over your landscaping or perhaps haven't lived long in your present home, you may want to start planning now. It can take months to decide what you want to do, get material lists ready or plan a budget. If you've never planned a yard or garden before, you may want to get some advice either from a professional or even a nursery owner who can help choose tree's and plants that will grow well in your area. Something you may want to think about is doing away with the majority of a lawn. We all have spent many hours, a lot of money and time, in maintaining a lawn. Having a large expanse of grass is something of an American custom, many people still have their property all covered in some kind of grass. I want to do away with all my grass, I have just decided that I'm tired of all the time I spend mowing, weeding, watering and buying chemicals to keep it lush and green. A major concern of mine is our well, at only 35', I worry about chemicals seeping into our aquifer system. If your interested in learning more about have a grassless landscape, please read an article I wrote on the subject.

"Consider a Grassless Landscape" http://www.ehow.com/how_4490187_consider-grassless-landscape.html

No comments: